FANUC America Corp. today announced that it has expanded its line of high-performance SCARA robots, offering more reach and payload options to companies with assembly, packaging, pick and place, and inspection processes.
“FANUC’s SCARA robots provide great solutions when speed and repeatability are essential,” said Eric Potter, director of FANUC’s general industry and automotive engineering segments. “Our SCARA robots are designed to help customers increase productivity in a number of industries including consumer electronics, auto components, plastics, food and beverage, lab automation, appliances, and medical device manufacturing.”
FANUC widens range of SCARA robots
FANUC America said its family of four-axis SCARA robots has grown to include the SR-3iA, SR-6iA, SR-12iA, and new SR-20iA models, with 3kg, 6kg, 12kg and 20kg (6.6 to 44 lb.) payload capacities, respectively. They have a reach of 400 to 1,100mm (15.7 to 43.3 in.).
The small SR-3iA and SR-6iA SCARAs have a compact footprint and space-saving design for maximum efficiency, according to the company. In addition, the SR-3iA/H and SR-6iA/H are three-axis variants that provide strong performance and an affordable alternative to small linear slide products, claimed FANUC.
The higher-payload SR-12iA and SR-20iA provide flexibility with a large vertical stroke and have internal cable routing to eliminate interference. FANUC said all of its SCARA robots “include superior robot motion, high-speed operation, and ultimate precision.”
Powered by the R-30iB Compact Plus controller, the company said its SCARA models have the same intelligence and reliability as all of its robots.
More robot features
FANUC listed the following features in its SCARA product line:
- Six models available: SR-3iA (4-axis/400mm reach), SR-3iA/H (3-axis/400mm reach), SR-6iA (4-axis/650mm reach), SR-6iA/H (3-axis/650mm reach), SR-12iA (4-axis/900mm reach), and the SR-20iA (4-axis/1,100mm reach).
- The SR-12iA and SR-20iA offer environmental options including white epoxy coating, bellow covers, anti-rust bolts and seals, and IP65 rating to withstand dust and liquids.
- SR-12iA and SR-20iA also provide high inertia and high payloads, maximizing flexibility to handle large work pieces.
- Highest motion performance with continuous fast operation at all payloads.
- A generous vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging, and various handling operations.
- Bottom cable exit (optional) protects cables, and saves valuable floor space for higher efficiency.
- Brake release switch on the robot’s arm allows easy error recovery.
- High-performance R-30iB Compact Plus controller requires minimal space and allows layout and installation flexibility.
- Web-based iRProgrammer user interface for intuitive and easy robot setup and programming on a PC or tablet (a teach pendant is optional).
- Standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost.
- Same software options across the entire FANUC robot line, including iRVision for integrated vision, iRPick Tool for conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity, and integrated safety.
“With over 715,000 robots installed globally, FANUC is a household name in manufacturing,” Potter said. “Now, with our expansive line of SCARAs, we’re able to help more companies solve their manufacturing issues.”
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.