Softeon Inc., a global warehouse management services company, said it will be featuring its suite of services for automated warehouses at the MODEX supply chain trade show in Atlanta this week.
The Reston, Va.-based company said its integrated warehouse management system (WMS), warehouse execution system (WES), and overall supply chain execution technology platform are intended for warehouses looking to upgrade.
Softeon offers range of warehouse services
Interest has risen in all types of distribution center automation because of labor shortages and rising costs. Softeon said it offers unique approaches to materials handling systems, from highly automated goods-to-person and sortation systems to mobile robots, put walls, and more.
That includes an easy-to-deploy integration layer for automation, as well as a direct connection to many of these picking sub-systems without the need for any other software, reducing costs and improving productivity, said the company.
Key components of Softeon’s automated warehouse system include:
- Core warehouse operations excellence enabled by an advanced, highly configurable WMS
- Granular, real-time visibility to throughput and bottlenecks by processing area
- Advanced, simulation-based labor planning and dynamic resource allocation
- “Always-On” operation mode to proactively look for opportunities and bottlenecks
- Automated order and pick release based on multiple attributes, including optimization opportunities, order priority, resource and inventory availability, carrier cut-off times and more
- “Waveless” picking
- Differentiated, “plug-and-play” materials handling system integration and optimization
- Use of RFID, internet of things (IoT), and real-time locator systems (RTLS) technologies to automate many current distribution processes.
AI and machine learning power smart warehousing
These capabilities are supported by a number of enabling technologies, including a dynamic rules engine, simulation tools and machine learning and artificial intelligence, according to Softeon.
“Softeon is leading the way in delivering next-generation, smart warehouse capabilities today, ushering in a step change in distribution center software functionality while maximizing materials system performance,” said Dan Gilmore, chief marketing officer at Softeon.
Softeon’s WMS, WES, and other supply chain software for supporting the smart warehouse will be featured at Booth C7466 at MODEX 2022.
The company said its advanced services-based technology platform offers maximum configurability and companies the agility they need to get ahead and stay ahead. Softeon said it has been Web-native and cloud-ready from the start, serving both midsize and large companies across a wide range of industry sectors.
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.