Speed, precision, and affordability are all important to robotics users, but different hardware and software combinations offer tradeoffs. As the automotive industry retools for electric and autonomous vehicle production, and as customization and e-commerce demands increase, robots are key to growing productivity.
In this Special Focus Issue, readers can learn about how robotic precision is enabling applications beyond existing factory floors to laboratories, machine shops, and food production. The download will also focus on recent advances in machine vision, robotic manipulation, and control software.
The download will consider how the latest developments in grippers, robot arms and other systems, and machine learning can provide superhuman levels of precision. While a general-purpose robot may still be science fiction, specialized models are already transforming manufacturing. Topics covered include:
- Enabling developments in machine vision, motion control, and drives
- Evaluating different types of robots for precision
- Award-winning designs as examples for the future of robots and vision
- End-of-arm tooling and grasping
- Noteworthy systems from the recent Automate and Automatica trade shows
- The need for solid systems integration
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.