Improving the Yard Management Process
There are over 100,000 warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing plants in the U.S. alone.
With nearly 4 million retail stores and eCommerce websites to support, their supply chain and logistics processes must be as efficient as possible.
5.5 million trailers make 500 million shipments (facility to facility or facility to store) every single year all over the country.
These shipments average over 200 miles each, taking up countless hours and funds.
However, 80% of that time is spent with an idle trailer, unloaded, or loaded. This is wasted time and money.
Employing technology to automate and improve the yard management process can yield enormous returns by reducing this wasted time, eliminate unnecessary costs, and expedite shipments.
A digital yard management system can help your company move inventory faster throughout the entire supply chain.
Smart and Scalable: Advanced Yard Management System
#1 Solution To Gain Visibility And Effectively Manage Gate, Dock, Assets, Yard, Shipments, And Network Operations.
Yard Management Systems: From A Single Site to the Entire Organization
It doesn’t matter the size of your facility or the complexity of your yard operations.
PINC Yard Management System easily scales from a single location to enterprise-wide.
Powerful Yard Management Software:
- INVENTORY - Real-time yard counts and history accessible 24/7 from any device
- AUTOMATION - Automate workflows and seamlessly integrate with other systems
- CARRIERS - Carriers can see their assets in customers' yards and make gate appointments online
- GATE - Schedule appointments, automate and share check-in, check-out, and shipment information
- YARD - Gain visibility to all yard assets and activities from one single location
- DOCK DOORS - Gain visibility to all docks doors, schedule, and assign moves from a single location
- YARD & SHUTTLE TRUCKS - Create tasks, automate moves, see live location data, and increase moves per hour
- METRICS - Standard, customizable and scheduled reports, alerts, dashboards & KPIs
- RTLS - Gain real-time location information to all yard activities
Advanced Yard Management System: Sensor Platform
Extensible Real-Time Location System (RTLS) to enable inventory accuracy and automated yard management.
- ASSETS - Passive RFID Tags
- GATE - Staffed or unstaffed RFID gate system
- GROUND - RFID, GPS, cellular tracking system and in-cab tasking system
- AIR - RFID, GPS, Optical tracking system
Enterprise Yard Management Visibility
PINC’s Enterprise Visibility Suite allows organizations to easily view, gain insights and analytics, and manage yards, facilities, and transportation execution activities as integrated operations.
INFOGRAPHIC: See the ways that a real digital yard management system can improve the efficiency of your operation
See the ways that a real digital yard management system can improve the efficiency of your operation, and schedule a demo and learn what our solutions can do for you.
Related Article: Using the Right Technology For Your Inventory Management
PINC Yard Management Systems: 4 Case Studies
In these 4 Yard Management System case studies, we detail how Pactiv, Batory Foods, Cost Plus World Market, and East Coast Warehouse & Distribution Corp. implemented PINC's Yard Management solutions to increase productivity, reduce expenses, eliminated trailer detention fees, and maintain control and visibility over yard operations, and more. Download Now!
The Four Forces Driving Supply Chain Innovation
When supply chain professionals discuss supply chain execution, their focus is typically put on transportation management systems and warehouse management systems, the yard management systems capability and importance is mistakenly undervalued. Download Now!
The Rise of the Digital Yard
In this white paper, we explore the rise of the digital yard and show how technology is enabling significant efficiencies, productivity gains, and cost containment in a world where every penny added to the bottom line positively impacts organizational success. Download Now!
Solution Brief: Yard Management System
Yards are the intersection between warehouses and transportation, they are a critical linkage in logistics management practices and have a significant impact on the overall efficiency of the supply chain. Download Now!
More PINC Resources
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.