ABB Robotics has introduced “IRC5 Operations Web Based Training (US519),” an online, interactive training course that will teach students how to operate a robot using the ABB FlexPendant and the IRC5 robot controller.
ABB’s first ever web based robotics training course will provide students the same quality and depth of a class at an ABB training facility without having to travel. There are no formal prerequisites for the new course.
The course modules are self-paced, with videos, interactive simulations and practice exercises that enrich the virtual learning environment. Students will earn a certificate of completion and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with the successful completion of a cumulative exam at the conclusion of the course.
“The goal with ABB’s first web based course is to offer a top level training option to students who may not have the time in their schedules to dedicate to an onsite course,” said Christelle Keefer, director of training, ABB Robotics.
After successfully completing the course, participants should be able to:
● Identify personal safety solutions
● Identify robot safety features
● Identify robot system components
● Move/Jog the robot using the joystick
● Interpret and respond to event messages
● Perform basic operations
● Modify movement instructions in a basic program
● Demonstrate how to use the input and output instructions in a basic program
● Demonstrate how to save robot information