The Raymond Corp. today introduced the Raymond Automated Transtacker, or Automated TRT, to its line of warehouse and intralogistics automation. The Greene, N.Y.-based company said the Raymond Automated TRT is designed for to save both space and labor.
“This new Automated TRT showcases our dedication to keep our customers running at peak efficiency,” said Martin Buena Franco, product marketing manager of automation at Raymond. “This new model offers customers a flexible solution for high-density, high-selectivity storage environments. Thanks to the increased productivity hours an automated truck provides, the Automated TRT can increase pallet moves by 20% per month.”
The Raymond Corp. provides material handling products and intelligent logistics systems in North America and worldwide. The Toyota Industries company last year updated its portfolio, which includes electric forklift trucks, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS), mobile robots, and consulting services.
The Automated TRT is designed for very narrow aisles. Source: Raymond
Transtacker offers dual modes
Raymond said that its new Automated TRT offers dual-mode operation: automated mode for full pallet moves and manual mode for case picking.
“With no need for operator breaks, this means more hours on the floor and more pallets moved per shift, increasing productivity,” claimed the company. “The Automated TRT’s Order Manager software fully integrates with your warehouse management system (WMS) to optimize performance and eliminate errors.”
In addition, the Automated TRT is designed for very narrow aisle (VNA) applications such as e-commerce, manufacturing, and food and beverage. The system can lift loads as heavy as 3,000 lb. (1,360.7 kg) in aisles as narrow as 54 in. (21.2 cm), reaching heights up to 59 ft. (17.9 m).
Raymond touts Automated TRT benefits
Raymond also listed the following potential benefits:
- Flexibility: The Automated TRT is manufactured to accommodate automation additions and changes down the road.
- Sustainability: Equipped with an energy-efficient lithium-ion battery, the Raymond Automated Transtacker recharges during use and requires no changes.
- Versatility: The flexible, movable storage and retrieval lift design has no hydraulic components and longer service life. It’s like getting two lift trucks in one.
- Quality: Raymond said its Automatic WMS can eliminate human error for faster, more accurate, and streamlined order processing.
- Ease of use: Advanced controls provide precise positioning and load-handling functions, along with dynamic hoist braking, to help minimize brake wear and increase operator confidence.
- Operator comfort: With top- and bottom-mounted guide rails, full-height mast, and an ergonomically designed compartment, the Transtacker offers stability for operator comfort and productivity.
The company said that it and its entire network of more than 100 authorized Solutions and Support Centers throughout North America will sell, support, and service the new Automated TRT vehicles.
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.