Boston Dynamics began as a spin-off from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where National Academy of Engineering member Marc Raibert and his colleagues first developed robots that ran and maneuvered like animals. They founded Boston Dynamics in 1992, and their ground-breaking research continues to inspire much of the company's work.
Boston Dynamics said it has developed and deployed robots equipped with advanced mobility, dexterity, and intelligence, enabling automation in unstructured or hard-to-traverse spaces, from manufacturing plants and construction sites to distribution centers and warehouses.
In 2021, Hyundai Motor Group acquired a majority interest in Boston Dynamics and now holds 80% of the company, which operates as an independent business. SoftBank holds the remaining 20% through a subsidiary.
Find Boston Dynamics Inc. on social media
What if you could have 100 times more information about your industrial sites? Agile mobile robots like Spot use sensors to collect data and generate critical insights on asset health so users can optimize asset performance.
Combine the mobility and dexterity of Boston Dynamics' Spot with Formant's command center software to enable you to centralize and scale your operations and allow experts to monitor many remote sites effectively.
Hanover Research found that nearly three-quarters of chief supply chain officers say...
The Robotics Applications Conference from Robotics 24/7.
Join us October 5 for the Robotics Applications Conference – a free one-day virtual event. Hear from experts with sessions
on automation, order fulfillment, goods-to-person, palletizing, picking, machine tending and more. Sign up today!