OEM embedded-vision manufacturer e-con Systems recently announced its e-CAM200_CUOAGX, a 20MP 5K multi-camera designed for compatibility with the NVIDIA Jetson Orin platform.
The camera is based around the onsemi AR2020 CMOS digital image sensor. Interface options include MIPI and GMSL, with upcoming USB support. An optional IP67 enclosure is available for the GMSL version.
E-con said applications for its e-CAM200_CUOAGX include drones, autonomous sports broadcasting and analytics, skin analyzers, fundus imaging, whole slide imaging, OCR, inventory scanning, and digital twins.
E-CAM200_CUOAGX captures fast-moving objects at 30fps
E-con described the features of e-CAM200_CUOAGX as follows:
- 20MP resolution - ensures imaging quality, capturing tiny details at a distance while maintaining reliability in low-light conditions.
- ISP fine-tuning - delivers high-quality image output through a precisely tuned ISP, capturing every detail, enhancing dynamic range, and reducing noise.
- Multi-camera support - achieves 30fps at 20MP, supporting up to four synchronized camera connections.
- Low-light and NIR - maintains image quality in low-light conditions of less than 5 lux, while showcasing a 60% Quantum Efficiency (QE) in the NIR spectrum.
- Shutter efficiency enhancement with GRR - reduces rolling shutter artifacts, delivering smoother and clearer visuals, especially while capturing fast-moving objects.
“This 5K camera’s high resolution, enhanced low-light capabilities, low power consumption with the 1.4μm pixel size, versatile interface compatibility, and exceptional NIR [near infrared] performance make it an ideal solution for various embedded vision applications,” said Prabu Kumar, CTO at e-con Systems. “It will include game-changing features such as smart ROI, wake on motion, and extended dynamic range in near future.”
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.