Geekplus Technology Co. this week announced that it will demonstrate some of its newest automated systems at ProMat in Chicago later this month. The Geek+ booth will feature the latest version of its award-winning PopPick system, the upgraded M200C mobile robot, its new Vertical Sorting Wall, and the high-density Four-Way Shuttle storage system.
“I’m very excited to be part of the Geek+ delegation that will be making a return to ProMat this year,” said Yong Zheng, founder and CEO of Geek+. “We’re bringing a host of automation solutions with us that showcase how our advanced technology can take on any challenge found in warehouses today.”
Founded in 2015, Geek+ said it develops autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) to provide flexible, reliable, and efficient automation for warehouse, supply chain, and logistics operations.
The Beijing-based company said it is trusted by over 700 global industry leaders and has more than 1,500 employees. In addition to its offices in San Diego, Geek+ has offices in the U.K., Germany, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore.
Geek+ brings updated portfolio to ProMat
Geek+ listed the following products that it will display at ProMat 2023:
PopPick is Geek+’s most advanced goods-to-person system and is a finalist for the MHI Innovation Award.
- It includes picking robots to carry shelves from storage to workstations and robot arms present goods to the operator to improving order throughput.
- PopPick can pick up to 650 totes per hour, improve warehouse storage density by 50%, and double throughput capacity, Geek+ claimed.
Four-Way Shuttle is a high-density storage system that combines shuttles with picking robots for rapid ground-level transport.
- It extends up to the ceiling and can increase storage capacity to more than five times that of traditional warehouses, said the company.
- Efficiency of both tote and piece picking can increase by three to five times in comparison with traditional systems, it said.
The M200C is a flexible AMR that connects the various parts of a production line.
- The M200C uses a hybrid navigation system with state-of-the-art safety features, has a built-in lift, and can be configured to move bins or shelves.
- The solution is compliant with the VDV 5050 protocol, making it interoperable with fleets of AMRs from different vendors.
The Vertical Sorting Wall (VSW) is a newly developed piece of hardware for sortation operations.
- The VSW can be integrated with picking stations and is compatible with fixed racks or mobile shelves.
- It can increase the number of orders by 80% in one picking wave, said Geek+.
Geek+ continues global expansion
“Our exhibition at ProMat will be an excellent representation of Geek+’s capabilities in several sectors,” said Rick DeFiesta, executive vice president of sales and solutions at Geek+ America Inc. “We have robotic solutions that can adapt and combine to cover any logistics scenario.”
“We have already deployed over 4,000 robots in projects across North America alone,” he added. “Last year, Geek+ robots picked over 7 billion items worldwide.”
ProMat attendees can visit Booths N7507 and N7307 to see these systems and meet with Geek+ staffers.
Editor's note: For more coverage of ProMat 2023, visit Robotics 24/7's special coverage page.
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.