Cloud Ground Control, developed by Advanced Navigation, has announced the launch of its cellular micro-modem CGConnect. Using 4G/5G networks, CGConnect can link any uncrewed vehicle to Cloud Ground Control’s cloud-based drone fleet management platform, enabling live-streaming, command, and control from a Web browser.
Cloud Ground Control is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform that supports multi-user and multi-vehicle operations. This makes it ideal for enterprises with multiple robotic fleets for emergency, security, construction, asset inspection, agricultural, and environmental purposes, said Sydney, Australia-based Advanced Navigation.
Fast track into the cloud with CGConnect
“Enterprises who rely on drones and robotics for business operation often own a diverse range of uncrewed vehicles that may not be compatible with one another,” said Michal Weiss, head of product at Cloud Ground Control.
“CGConnect is designed to solve this pain point by linking them to the Cloud Ground Control platform, regardless of manufacturer or model, turning them into a holistic, connected fleet,” she said.
With CGConnect, remote users can gain instant access to Cloud Ground Control’s rich features, including real-time telemetry, cloud storage, video, and payload data. They can get them all from a Web browser simultaneously, the company said.
Weighing only 55 grams with similar sizing to a credit card, CGConnect is easily integrated into any product design. Cloud Ground Control said it offers the following benefits:
- Open platform— The flexible and customizable platform operates on the MAVLink standard. This multiplies potential product applications and enables diverse autonomous vehicles and payloads to operate as a coordinated fleet.
- Robotic-agnostic—It works flexibly with open-sourced libraries and is agnostic to the type of technology and vehicle that enterprises may wish to use.
- White-labeled—CGConnect is available as a white-label product, allowing businesses to rebrand the user interface in seconds to complement branding and coding requirements.
- High-grade security—The platform uses military-grade encryption and authentication to safeguard data and intellectual property from vulnerabilities and security breaches, helping users meet compliance obligations.
- Simple and accessible—Cloud Ground Control said its product revolutionizes multi-drone operation by making it simple, cost-effective, and accessible to users of every skill grade.
- AI modelling—The platform runs AI algorithms in the cloud, relaying real-time camera feed data to the end user to support versatile missions, such as object detection, tracking, and thermal imaging.
- Edge AI—CGConnect supports edge AI to perform intensive object identification and classification directly on the vehicle for dynamic missions.
Clean Earth Rover made its fleet autononomous with CGConnect. Source: Cloud Ground Control
Unlock new markets
Integrating CGConnect into a vehicle's design expands the product's functionality and applications while saving development time, said Cloud Ground Control. This allows manufacturers to fine-tune the product's competitive advantage, expanding the robot’s potential and ultimately unlocking access to new markets.
Cloud Ground Control helped Clean Earth Rovers transform its Rover AVPros into an autonomous connected fleet. By integrating CGConnect, Clean Earth Rovers was able to provide customers with real-time situational awareness, allowing for enlightened decisions and greatly accelerating recovery efforts in ocean health. (See video below.)
For more information, visit www.cloudgroundcontrol.com/product/cgconnect/.
About the author
Stephanie Qiu is public relations and communications manager at Cloud Ground Control.
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.