Destaco has launched a new portfolio of end-of-arm tooling, or EOAT, that it said is designed to help customers using collaborative robots and small-payload robots in their operations. The Auburn Hills, Mich.-based company said the tools are designed for cobots handling payloads up to 10 kg (22 lb.). The tools can be used to complete gripping, palletizing, machine tending, tool changing, and tool-extension applications.
Destaco, a Dover Corp. company, said it is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance automation, workholding, and remote-handling systems. The company serves customers in a variety of end-markets, including the automotive, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, aerospace, industrial and nuclear sectors.
“Small payload robots are commonly found in larger industrial manufacturing facilities, but the low-cost entry into robotic automation has recently resulted in significant growth in their use across small, light industrial, and commercial shops,” said Gary Labadie, global product director at Destaco. “Small-payload robots are now a focus and a solution for both large and small facilities coping with the economic climate.”
Destaco said the tooling solutions are compatible with cobots that have an ISO 9409-1-50-4-M6 end-of-arm mounting pattern. The company added that blank robots and tool plates are available for those who wish to use their own mounting patterns.
The company highlighted the Microtool End Effectors, which it said enables a cobot to perform palletizing functions. Users that know the length, width and weight of the packages to be lifted and transferred can easily select the palletizing kit type and pre-determined vacuum cup size necessary for the application.
Off-the-shelf kits eliminate the need to design tools, Destaco said.
Destaco offers broad range of EOAT tools
Other cobot tooling solutions that Destaco is now offering include:
- CB-200 Quick-Move Base: Allows the cobot to be moved from one workstation to another without the need to reprogram the robot.
- ARV-C Vacuum Gripper: Can pick up and move product via one airline with an auto-release vacuum generator; available in nine sizes and shapes.
- MG Magnet Gripper: Allows the picking of ferrous material or components with one pneumatically actuated airline; available in two sizes.
- MultiMount Tool Array: Mounts up to five different tools to the cobot wrist via various tool mounting plates and multiple extension lengths.
- MultiMount Machine Tending: Can accommodate two grippers or two tools for use in work-piece exchange applications within CNC machining centers; features Blank, ISO-9409-50, and DirectConnect mounting plates.
- MultiMount Tool Extension: Extends the reach of the cobot arm; a variety of tool plates and multiple extension lengths are available.
- MicroTool Palletizing: Off-the-shelf kits to handle boxes from 160 to 750mm widths and 260 to 900mm lengths weighing less than 10 kg.
- TC1 Manual Tool Changer: Allows the user to change cobot tools quickly and repeatedly and offers electric and air pass-through capabilities.
- Tool Storage Tree: Securely stores and organizes up to six cobot tools safely and securely; fully adjustable with three different tree heights.