FANUC America last month announced the LR Mate 200iD/14L, the tenth model variation of its LR Mate series of tabletop industrial robots. The Rochester Hills, Mich.-based company said that since the LR Mate was launched nearly 30 years ago, it has become one of FANUC's biggest sellers, with more than 70,000 units installed worldwide.
FANUC attributed the popularity of the robot series to its reliability, as well as to features including its light weight and tabletop size, which is often compared to the size of a person’s arm.
In addition, the LR Mate can process or handle parts weighing up to 14kg (30.8 lb.) in the automotive, e-commerce and warehousing, food and beverage, medical device, pharmaceutical, and many other industries.
Ten models include cleanroom and washproof versions, each with various wrist speeds and reaches to accommodate even the most limited workspace, the company said.
“The LR Mate was introduced in 1992, and has been deployed in a variety of traditional manufacturing and service applications,” stated Carolyn Chase, product manager for the LR Mate robot series at FANUC America. “Some of the most interesting things we’ve seen this robot do include serving coffee, fulfilling orders in retail stores, and even preparing fast foods.”
FANUC LR Mate 200iD robots
The LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best-in-class” work envelope for both upright and inverted mount installations, said FANUC. The LR Mate 200iD robot series also offers an ISO Class 4 cleanroom/food-grade variant for food-handling and healthcare packaging applications.
These small tabletop robots can be equipped with a variety of intelligent features, including robot vision and force sensing for even higher levels of accuracy and productivity, said FANUC. It added that the robot's features and benefits include the following:
- Slim arm and compact footprint minimizes interference to peripheral devices in tight spaces
- Available in three variations: standard, short, and long arm
- 4kg to 14kg (8.8 to 30.8 lb.) wrist load capacity with up to six-axis articulation
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle)
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds
- Easy integration into machines
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class
- Standard IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist; many variants have an optional IP69K rating for washproof, cleanroom or food-grade environments
About FANUC America
FANUC America Corp. is a subsidiary of FANUC Corp. in Japan, and it provides computer numerical control (CNC) systems, robotics, and factory automation. The unit said its “innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability, and profitability.”
FANUC added that it embraces a culture of “Service First,” which means that customer service is its highest priority. FANUC America is committed to supplying its customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.
FANUC America has facilites across the U.S., as well as in Canada, Argentina, Brazil, and Mexico.
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.