· December 8, 2022
While fleets of autonomous mobile robots are growing in warehouses and distribution centers, industrial robots are not confined to factories and can help with numerous applications. Labor shortages, e-commerce demand, and the desire for more reliable supply chains are contributing to the growing interest in automation.
In this pocast, panelists discussed the expanding role of industrial robots with advanced sensors and software in warehouse operations. The experts from leading sensor provider SICK discussed the following in this Robotics Applications Podcast episode:
- The types of industrial robots used in warehousing and logistics
- Common applications, such as induction, palletizing, picking, and truck loading
- How financing models such as robotics as a service (RaaS) make automation more accessible to small and midsize enterprises
- Recent technology developments driving new applications, such as machine learning and collaborative robots
- Nick Longworth, senior systems application engineer at SICK
- Bruce Muir, director of distribution automation at SICK
- Eugene Demaitre, editorial director of Robotics 24/7, Peerless Media
Tune in today!
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research deliveredStay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job. Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7. Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.