December Special Focus 2023
There was a time when robots were reserved mostly for larger organizations with deep pockets and internal innovation teams. Focused on working smarter, better and faster, these companies started a trend that over time would transcend corporate budgets, company size and even industry.
Credit collaborative robots or “cobots” with helping to democratize robotics in a way that makes some of the most advanced automation accessible to a much wider swath of organizations.
As you’ll read in this month’s Robotics 24/7, cobots that can safely and effectively work alongside humans have found particular success in high-mix, low-volume applications like machine tending, piece picking and welding.
This issue takes a deep dive into the cobot space, with features focused on how Collaborative Robots recently raised $30 million to launch its new Cobot Flywheel Program and develop its “practical cobot.” The program is focused on helping biotech, healthcare and logistics companies drive ambitious operational transformation with advanced robotics solutions.
You’ll also learn how Omron Automation Americas is partnering with Jet Automation Inc., to jointly develop a new cobot palletizing system, and how Solo Brands is working with Locus Robotics to deploy 16 artificial intelligence-driven mobile robots at a facility in Mexico. The integration of Locus’ advanced AMRs is expected to increase Solo’s order speed and accuracy; productivity; safety; and overall operational excellence.
This edition of Robotics 24/7 also features an insider's view of Amazon’s testing of Agility Robotics’ Sequoia mobile manipulation system. The system is already up and running at the e-tailer’s Houston fulfillment center, where Sequoia—integrated with multiple robots—is being used to containerize inventory into totes.
- Cobots Democratize Automation
- Amazon Tests Sequoia System and Agility Robotics’ Digit Humanoid for Fulfillment
- Collaborative Robotics Raises $30M Series A, Launches New Cobot Flywheel Program
- Industrial Mobile Robot Safety Standard Now Available, A3 Announces at Pittsburgh Conference
- Suhner Promises Precise Finishing with EFC-02 Active Compliance System
- Jet Automation Partners with Omron to Develop Cobot Palletizing System
- Solo Brands Works with Locus Robotics to Optimize Order Fulfillment Efficiency
- RiACT and Phoenix Mecano Jointly Offer XtendR to Give Cobots Greater Reach
- HWL Solves Handling Challenge, Relieves Employee Strain with MIRAI Powered Robot
- Schneider Electric Launches Lexium Cobot for Industrial Plants
- NEURA Robotics Closes More Investment for American Expansion
- Dobot USA Opens Dallas Office, Announces New Collaborative Robots
Email Sign Up
Get news, papers, media and research delivered
Stay up-to-date with news and resources you need to do your job.
Research industry trends, compare companies and get market intelligence every week with Robotics 24/7.
Subscribe to our robotics user email newsletter and we'll keep you informed and up-to-date.